ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY TOPICS
Writing an essay on one of the argumentative essay topics requires to be well armed with strong and convincing arguments concerning one of the chosen topics for a argumentation essay. Your personal position and insight should of course be the basis of your work, but the main point is that your personal views have to be supported by founded arguments, reasons, proofs and evidences and proceed from the factual information.
Hence, your work should bristle with clearly-cut and legible arguments to look like a real argumentative essay. The arguments are the facts or statements which will support your position.
Be always ready for the opposition to your opinion. Try to speculate on this in advance and to develop the opposition views in your work.
To make the process of writing your essay on one of the argument essay topics easier you can imagine yourself being a solicitor, whose duty is to defend an innocently accused person. You should make your speech to the jury so argumentative, well-reasoned and supported by the conspicuous evidences and restatements of the man's innocence in order to prove man's non-participation in the case he is accused of. Wearing solicitors' shoes will help you to develop a strong argumentative body of your work.
Don't hesitate to start, as you are sure-fire to find some interesting, catching point in the list of argumentive essay topics stated below. Get acquainted with these topics for a argumentation essay and sort out those argumentative essay topics that best suit your needs.
List of Argument Essay Topics
- Should we do more to deal with the problem of domestic violence, or is the problem exaggerated?
- We are becoming overwhelmingly dependent on computers. Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
- Is there too much of commercialism in the Internet?
- Technology makes communication easier in today's world. Many people choose to work at home in front of a computer screen. What danger does the society face depending on computer screens rather than face-to-face contact as the main means of communication? Are we the prisoners of the progress?
- Should the animals be used for scientific research? Is it humanly?
- Should the cigarettes smoking be banned as heroin consumption?
- Should drivers of automobiles be prohibited from using cellular phones?
- Should restrictions be placed on the use of mobile phones in public areas like restaurants and theaters?
- Shall we integrate from Marketing to E-Marketing?
- Should the death penalty be mandatory for people that kill other people?
- Should the "Right to Die" be Considered a Right?
- What are two sides of the death penalty? Is it a cruel murderer or a just punishment? Can it be a deterrent to crime?
- Should animal experimentation be permitted?
- Euthanasia as a way of relieving ill people's pain and save them from the tortures of their illness. Do we have the right to take people's life, if after all life is the greatest charisma?
- Forests are the lungs of the earth. Should the rain forests destruction be prohibited? How is it possible to protect forests?
- Should there still be colleges and schools just for men/boys and some just for women/girls?
- Should sex education be increased in schools in an attempt to curb problems such as teenage pregnancy?
- Considering in detail the opposing arguments presented by Plato and Nafisi, when is censorship necessary given the nature of knowledge and reality?
- The 1920's was a leisurely period in history and people began spending more time playing and observing sports. Who were the major contributors to this "Golden age" of sports and what influence, if any, did they have on future athletes and the sports they played?
- Human beings do not need to eat meat in order to maintain good health because they can get all their food needs from meatless products and meatless substances. A vegetarian diet is as healthy as a diet containing meat. Argue for or against the opinion above.
- What do you think about vegetarians? Are they people who care for animals and want to protect them or people lacking the adequate ration?
- What are some of the best ways to welcome and then assimilate immigrants into American life? What are the pros and cons of each of these?
- Domestic workers: How these women are treated or mistreated by their employers. The problems they face with inequality in the workplace, most of these women come from different countries and do not speak the language or know their own rights.
- Advertising: Information or Manipulation?
- To what extent has the traditional male role changed in the last 20 years?
- Education is an indivisible part of the prosperity of the nation. The more educated and cultured people there are in the country the more flourishing and thrifty the country is. Comment on this issue, argument your decision
- Should society assume more responsibility for pregnant teenagers and children they bear?
- The mass media, including TV, radio, newspapers have a great influence on people and especially on the younger generation. It plays an important role in shaping the opinions and positions of the younger generation. Argue for or against this statement.
© 2005-2011, GoodEssayTopics.com